Make giving a priority
Whether making a commitment of finance or time, ‘Giving’ is an important element of Christian life. At St Andrew’s, in addition to the crucial work done by teams of volunteers, the financial contributions sustain the church and the ministry, both in Oxshott and overseas.
- Givng sustains the parish ministry – visiting the ill, running confirmation courses, taking assemblies, comforting the bereaved, celebrating baptism, preaching sermons, teaching children to love God, being caring, comforting and compassionate towards people in the community.
- Giving sustains the mission – locally and overseas, giving practical support far and wide.
- Giving sustains the church – a sacred building for worship and prayer.
- Giving sustains the clergy – across the diocese as well as training new clergy.
In 2015 St Andrew’s spent £4,350 each week on:
- supporting the community, both worship and ministry, including youth work
- helping those in need
- the building, insurance, energy costs and administration
- the clergy, housing, training and supporting
For information on deciding how much to give, ways to do it and appropriate forms, download the leaflet ‘Giving in Grace‘, or pick one up from the church vestibule.