‘Giving’ is a central part of Christian life at St Andrew’s. In a typical year we need £250,000 to cover the many things we do, paid for by the generosity of people in the church and the parish, for which we are very grateful.
This generosity enables us to:
- offer care, comfort and compassion to people in the community
- offer activities, assemblies and teaching in our local schools
- run confirmation courses and teach children at church on Sundays
- pay for our Church Office Administrators and their work for the church and parish
- support our Mission Partnering programme
- maintain and run the church and ancillary buiildings
- make financial contributions to the Guildford Diocese help pay for our own vicar and vicarage, but also supporting poorer parishes and training new clergy.
If you would like to be part of our Giving programme, please consider regular giving by standing order, using the Pledge Form (general).
Giving also allows us to develop the buildings for the future. We are continuing to receive donations towards the Build Your Church (BYC) project. If you would like to make a donation to our development fund please use the Pledge Form (development).
Alternatively, you can give online – to our general fund, to our building development fund or when we have special collections.
If you would like to make a lasting gift to the church and parish in your will, please see the Legacy Form.
Giving also includes the giving of time and talents. You may wish to play your part in the valuable work done by the many different teams at St Andrew’s.