You may have heard people talking about My ChurchSuite. We are encouraging everyone at St Andrew’s to sign up to My ChurchSuite so that you can keep in contact with each other and make your own contact details visible to others at St Andrew’s. This is particularly useful in this time of lockdown.
So what is it and how do you use it?
Find out from these Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have already signed up to My ChurchSuite you can login.
We are sorry, but if you don’t have an email address you will not be able to use My ChurchSuite. However two people in the same family who share a single email address can still have separate My ChurchSuite accounts, distinguished by different passwords.
You will need your email address and password to login. See “HOW DO I GET MY CHURCHSUITE?“.
To login to My ChurchSuite via a computer web browser
- Go to the My ChurchSuite login page
- You will find it much easier in future if you create a bookmark (favourite) of this address.
- Enter your email address
- Choose ‘My ChurchSuite‘ from the drop-down menu
- Enter the password you created on setting up your account
- Login by clicking Next
To login to the App:
- Open the App
- You may be asked to use a PIN code or use fingerprint or facial recognition to access the App.
- Begin to type standrewsoxshott in the ‘Church’ field
- Select St Andrew’s Oxshott from the prompt menu (it will remember this for subsequent logins)
- Enter your email address and the password you created on setting up your account
- Click Login
The ChurchSuite App is available to download for free, get the:
You may be asked to create a PIN code and use fingerprint or facial recognition to access the ChurchSuite App. This is to keep the security of others’ data safe.
For more details see the User Guide.
The My details section allows you to update your details and preferences. There are four sections:
- Details is where you enter your name, address, email address and phone numbers etc. Only those sections marked * are required, but the others are helpful if you are happy to provide them. You can control which, if any, are visible to other My ChurchSuite users in the “Privacy” section.
- Login allows you to change your password.
- Privacy allows you to change which, if any, of your contact details are visible to other St Andrew’s My ChurchSuite users. You should allow at least one of these options if you want others to be able to contact you to arrange rota swaps etc.
- Communication allows you to express your preferences for how we communicate with you. General emails are those we send out periodically advising you of important events and information. Rota reminders controls whether or not you will receive reminders when you are serving on a rota the following Sunday. You can, if you prefer, receive messages and reminders by SMS (text), but please bear in mind that we are charged for this service.
You can access this area from the “My Rotas” section on the menu.
(Please note: You will only see the My Rotas page if you are currently serving on a rota and are scheduled to serve within the next 3 months.)
At the top of the My Rotas page you will see the “Next Serving” section, detailing your upcoming serving. Clicking on the date will give you the full deatils of that service, including your particular role and who else is serving with you.
Dates shown in red
strike-through relate to unavailability that you’ve scheduled and that you have not yet arranged a swap for. When you add unavailability (see below), you might see entries in your ‘next serving’ section turn red.
Scrolling down the My Rotas page further is the “Unavailability” section. Adding your unavailability well in advance will greatly help ministry leaders to manage rotas more effectively, enabling them to more efficiently plan ahead and identify gaps ahead of time.
This section shows a list of dates when you have said you are unavailable, perhaps holidays or known dates when you won’t be available to serve.
To add your unavailability, click on the green + Unavailability button
You can edit unavailability once it has been added, by clicking on the … within each date and choosing “edit” or “delete”.
As you continue to scroll down the ‘My Rotas’ page you will see a list of all the rotas that you may be involved in. Click on the rota name to see all the details. From here you can organise a swap by clicking on the … against your name. You can also mark yourself unavailable, but please try to organise a swap before doing so. Except in an emergency, please don’t leave this until a few days before the Sunday.
Clicking on “All Rotas” shows an overview of all serving teams for the forthcoming Sunday. You can change the date at the top of this page to see “All Rotas” for an alternative date.
To arrange a rota swap, look at future dates for your rota to see someone who might be prepared to swap with you, and contact them using the contact details listed for them when the rota was originally emailed to you, or by clicking on the “teams” tab within the rota. Alternatively you can always look up their details in the “Search for others” section of My ChurchSuite.
If no contact details are shown it means that they have not given permission for them to be visible. It is therefore very important that, if you are willing, you make your contact details visible so that others can arrange swaps with you. You can easily do this by going to the “My Details” section and choosing the “Privacy” tab.
You can also use the “email” button, at the top right of the rota view, to send an email to everyone on the rota.
Once you have agreed a swap you can then process the swap to the rota by clicking the … against your name. It is important that you do this so that everyone knows about the change.
For more information, please see the User Guide.
For some rotas you may be able to sign up for future dates yourself. Just press +Sign Up where it is shown.
- My communication shows you any messages you have sent or received via ChurchSuite
- My details allows you to update your details and communication preferences
- My events shows you upcoming events in the church calendar
- My rotas allows you to manage your rotas (see “HOW DO I MANAGE MY ROTAS?“ above)
- Sermons podcast allows you to play the latest sermon recordings
- Search for others allows you to find contact details of other church members (where they have made their details visible)
- St Andrew’s website takes you to the church website
- Safeguarding takes you to straight to the safeguarding information on the website
Secondly, only people in St Andrew’s who have been invited can log into My ChurchSuite
Thirdly, you have control through My ChurchSuite over who in your church family can see what. You have the option to not show your address, email, landline and mobile number. However, given that a key aim of My ChurchSuite is to help the church family connect with each other, we encourage all My ChurchSuite users to make their settings as open as they are comfortable with.